Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Day 311 - Parasitic Vampire Virus

 Parasitic Vampire Virus
Matthew Ryan Fischer
 
What I became, I became without my knowledge or approval. What I become henceforth, I become with similar circumstance. I awoke and the change had come. Day broke and the change was done. I was no longer me. The sun had barely cracked the gray clouds and fog still obscured the earth, but I was transformed into another, something different, something new. When had it begun, I could not be sure. I felt the hunger, deep down, not sure why, not sure what I desired. But it was there and I could feel it forming inside. The hunger to consume. The hunger to spread. Consume and spread and procreate.
The bite from nowhere appeared swollen and bled.
The infection red, spread.
Inside, something stirred and grew strong.
The infection made me me. The new me. The me that became whatever it was I was meant to become. The bite bit what was there and joined and grew and evolved into more.
They say time heals everything. Perhaps time just creates something new. I was something new. But that happened without my noticing how or when or why. But I would call it fast. Fast or sudden or unexpected.
Time called to me. It was time to feed, it said. It was time to spread. The hunger was too much. The beast must be fed. The beast must be spread.
Out into the day I ventured. The sun was bright and the new life was waiting for me to take a bite out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment